Monday, March 23, 2009

Married to the world's coolest geek....

Here's how I know I am married to the world's coolest (sweetest) geek: who else would choose as the new Daddy-daughter musical toy....a theremin?

What's a theremin, you ask? It's this strange antenna-based instrument that you play by waving your hands near it. It makes the sci-fi "woooooo-oooooo" sounds, like in the Star Trek theme song or a horror movie.

So, Mojo Dad, Mojo Mom, Mojo Girl and even Mojo Grannie have been woo-wooing it up. And now I have finally learned what the dining room table is really for.
We also treated ourselves to some mad improv last night, with me playing the role of the kid trying to bring her theremin on the camp bus.

You said we couldn't bring iPods and Game Boys but you never said I couldn't bring my theremin!

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger MojoMom said...

Thanks to the magic of Google, it appears that Michael and I have kindred spirits.

This guy turned his Wiimote into a theremin! He plays the Star Trek theme song on it! And his wife is a blogger who seems totally cool!

They're expecting a baby. If they find this blog post and comment on it, I'll send them a copy of the new Mojo Mom.

8:04 PM  
Blogger Amy said...

Hi, Amy,
I went to a Boston Symphony concert two weeks ago and was treated to a modern piece that featured a theremin. Wow - the whole audience was mesmerized! That's so cool that you have one in your very own dining room.
-Amy

9:43 PM  
Blogger MojoMom said...

Who knows what the theremin will bring into our lives?

10:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home