Friday, February 27, 2009

I lost 187 pounds today!

I lost 187 pounds today after the A Shred Ahead truck pulled up to my driveway. I had spent the equivalent of 12 people-hours going though my office, pulling out everything that I could let go of now that the new Mojo Mom is coming out in less than six weeks. All the drafts and questions that mattered along the way have now been decided, and the finished book is almost here.

So when you want to turn over a new page, it helps to get rid of the old work that might be weighing you down. I spent three hours working alongside a team of two organizers, and three hours on my own going through my files and sorting out what I didn't need.

Hello, clean office...now, even my dog wants to hang out here with me.


Now that the de-cluttering is done I have a feeling of incredible lightness, both mental and physical. My office is a much nicer place to be, and I can throw open the doors and windows to let the world see in. It's not perfect by any means, and I still have a follow-up date with my organizers, but it's a major improvement. When we were done, my joke was that Oprah could knock on my front door and I could invite her in to sit down for a cup of tea. She wouldn't be turning me in to Peter Walsh for the messiest house in America tour!

Since this issue is clearly on my mind, I invited Perri Kersh of Neat Freak Professional Organizing to be my guest on The Mojo Mom Podcast this week. I'll be posting that episode shortly.

Labels: , , , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger PunditMom said...

I LOVE that desk!

7:06 PM  
Blogger MojoMom said...

Thanks, PunditMom! I am a real fan of Arts & Crafts design. My office looks so beige in the photo. I wish you could see that the wall I face is painted Mojo Mom blue.

About the decluttering, it was really funny to see that my dog truly wanted to move right in. He wanted to trade his favorite couch for a new space under my desk.

7:33 PM  
Blogger Emily McKhann said...

Congratulations - your office looks fabulous!!! How inspiring! And HUGE congrats on your book coming out - that is sooooooo exciting!!!!!!

1:28 PM  
Blogger MojoMom said...

Thanks, Emily! On a related note, my husband also happens to weigh 187 pounds, and he wants everyone to know that he's still around :-)

1:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home