Friday, March 20, 2009

Mojo Mom Podcast and Who Does She Think She Is?

This week's Mojo Mom Podcast features guest host Patty Ayers, the "silent partner" who produces the podcast behind the scenes, and now steps out to take her turn at the mike. Patty is the talented web designer who worked with me to create MojoMom.com and my other sites, including KidpowerNC.org and AmyTiemann.com

Now Patty has created a new line of work as a virtual assistant, which gives her the flexibility to reinvent herself as a newly-hatched "empty nest" Mom. Patty now lives and works much of the time in Tulum, Mexico. You can learn about her "working adventure" on her blog.

Then in our guest segment, I interview film director Pamela Tanner Boll. Pamela's new film, Who Does She Think She Is? explores the courage required to combine motherhood and art. The film highlights the importance of women as artists, the importance of women's work as mothers, and the essential humanity contained in the artistic impulse. You can learn more about the film at www.WhoDoesSheThinkSheIs.net

The trailer alone made me cry, and I cannot wait to see the entire movie!

Listen to the podcast now:

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Amy:

Enjoyed the podcast on WHO DOES SHE THINK SHE IS? although I thought I sounded a bit frantic and high pitched!! Of course, I WAS rolling down the mountain at a thousand feet every few minutes toward the sea--in the back of a van driven by an Iranian who persisted in speaking on the cell phone despite the winding narrowness of the road! And for every few thousand feet of the descent, I was feeling more and more nauseous!! But, we did it and I am ever grateful that you have this sweet podcast.

Paula Kirk, my assistant and I also really enjoyed listening to your first podcast with Patty from Tulum. Loved the notion of her working from this gorgeous Mexican village. We also truly appreciated her talking about the loss of ready-made purpose when the children leave. Yes, mothering does give one a sense of validity and value and when they leave, it leaves a hole.

My three sons are just now beginning to leave--my youngest is a senior in High School, the other two are in college. And even with having made WHO DOES SHE THINK SHE IS? and this year of being on the road to promote it....I am bereft and wondering about this new phase.

yours, Pamela Tanner Boll

2:40 PM  
Blogger MojoMom said...

Pamela, thank you for being my guest! Yours was the first mobile interview we've done--not just mobile phone, but you were in transit in Utah. I really appreciate that we made it work and I look forward to working to bring Who Does She Think She Is? to North Carolina.

2:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home