Saturday, November 01, 2008

Chapel Hill MommyMixer babysitting event, November 9th


I wanted to follow up about the Mommy Mixer babysitting event I attended few weeks ago, because there is going to be another event in Chapel Hill, at Market Street Books in Southern Village on November 9th.

I enjoyed the MommyMixer event and found it to be a really valuable service. There were plenty of babysitters to go around and they all seemed like very nice, smart young women. Even though they live on campus only a few blocks or miles away from families who need babysitting, there isn't always an easy way to meet them, which is why the MommyMixer event is so useful.

One thing I learned at the event is that they plan to have more babysitters than parents attending, so it did not feel like a competition for scarce babysitters. Also, the Moms had different needs and the babysitters were looking for different kinds of work, so it seemed like a good possibility that things would work out for everyone.

The usual fee for parents attending the Mommy Mixer is $100, but I have negotiated a half-off discount for my blog readers. You can attend for $50 when you enter MOJOMOM into the event field when you register.

You can sign up at MommyMixer.com

And here's the link for this specific Chapel Hill event.

I do not have any financial relationship with Mommy Mixer--I just want to recommend it because as a Mom I thought it was a great service. You get to meet the babysitters and then take home a binder with their resumes (12 from the event I attended). Then you call and hire the sitters, operating on your own from there--MommyMixer plays the role of introductory match maker.

With the holidays coming up, I am sure that many of us could use a little extra help.

The next event in Southern Village is Sunday, November 9 from 4:30 to 6 pm. You don't have to stay the whole time. I felt like an hour was enough time to meet everyone.

Feel free to forward this offer to anyone in Chapel Hill who might be interested. I think it would be a great event for Dads who are in charge of finding child care, because it's a comfortable opportunity to meet these babysitter candidates.

(P. S. I have no financial relationship with MommyMixer--this is a pure Mom-to-Mom recommendation.)

Labels: , , ,

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks Amy - this looks awesome!

3:44 PM  
Blogger MojoMom said...

I was really impressed by the event I attended--there are so many great college students in the area and it was reassuring to meet them all in person to try to find the best fit.

Let me know what you think if you attend on Sunday.

4:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I will be there - we are dying to get a fresh set of sitters for the kids - will let you know.

10:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home