Friday, September 05, 2008

'Speed Dating' for Moms and babysitters

We all know that finding a babysitter can be a challenge, especially developing a deep enough roster to fill last-minute needs. I just heard about a new business called MommyMixer. They set up in-person networking events attended by parents who need babysitters and babysitter candidates. You can meet potential babysitters in person and also take home a notebook full of their resumes with skills and availability.

What a great business idea, I wish I'd thought of it! Here I am living in a college town but up until now, I haven't had an easy way to meet potential sitters who are nearby but wrapped up in campus life.

MommyMixer offers events in about fifty cities across the U. S. and a couple in Canada. I am going to go to their event in Chapel Hill on September 28.

Join me in Chapel Hill on September 28 and save half off the entrance fee.

It usually costs $100 to attend but you can come for $50 if you put "Mojo Mom" in the event field when registering. Think they'll extend this discount to the first 20 people who register for this specific event on September 28 in Chapel Hill. So if you care to join me, sign up soon.

Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Matt said...

I think it is interesting at how many different areas the speed dating model is being used in - find a flat mate speed dating for example...

--------
sig, m.d.
Elite Speed Dating
Speed Dating Manchester
Speed Dating Liverpool
Speed Dating Leeds
Speed Dating Chester
Speed Dating Wilmslow

6:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home