Friday, September 19, 2008

Getting my mojo back; Podcast will return

Phew, this has been a long week. I didn't mean to neglect my blog, but I've had to give my wrists a rest. I had to work overdrive to get my manuscript in, and even thought my brain knew that it was interesting to write, my arms just wanted me to stop.

The rest of the week was either ON or OFF--I spent Wednesday listening to talks by Pam Stone, and I got to meet with her yesterday. Her research into the reasons why Moms really leave the workforce has been an essential resource for my continuing work as Mojo Mom, and it was really a pleasure to meet her in person.

I snagged an autographed copy of Pam's book, Opting Out? Why Women Really Quit Careers and Head Home to give away to one of my loyal blog readers. I will randomly choose a winner among all the people who leave a comment on the Mojo Mom blog between now and noon (ET) on Monday the 22nd. Just add a comment to any post on my blog and I will pick a winner on Monday.

Here we were at the talk Pam gave at UNC's Kenan-Flagler Business School: MBA program associate directors (and Mojo Circle members) Anna Millar and Meghan Gosk (on either end), Pam, me, and our good friend Katherine Asaro.



Other than those engaging hours, I've felt like I've been swimming through molasses. I have enjoyed time with my family but I am definitely experiencing en energy lull. The good news is that after revving my brain up so fast that I could practically feel steam coming out of my ears, I am back to catching up on lost sleep, urging my daughter to go to bed early because I am not far behind her. I know from my previous experiences with sleep deprivation that the sleep debt does literally need to be paid off. (One of the few debts that is getting retired by the original borrower this week!)

So the blog will pick up, and we'll have a new podcast in two weeks, but I am going to give myself another week to focus on getting my life back to normal...at least until my editor catches up to me with her revision requests!

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Amy@UWM said...

So awesome that you got to meet Pam Stone. I've been teetering on the edge of "opting out" for many years. I really need to read her book.

2:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Amy, I'm glad you are getting to relax a little. Boy when those sleep debts decide that they need to be paid it can make life a challenge (and me cranky!)

9:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home