Thursday, April 17, 2008

Follow up #1 to "Stretch Marks on Sisterhood"

I started writing this as a comment on my last post, but I decided that it merited a new blog entry.

First of all, thanks for your comments! I have received three so far here on my blog, as well as a handful through Women's eNews. There are some thoughtfully probing questions that have come up, and I plan to write a follow up post if I can eke out the time this weekend. It was really challenging cutting Obama v. Clinton Puts Stretch Marks on Sisterhood down to meet the 1000 word limit. The good news is that we can keep the conversation going here on the MojoMom blog.

And to commenter Renee, Deborah Siegel's Mom, welcome to my blog, and wanted you to know that I really enjoy and closely follow Deborah's writing. So I encourage everyone to check out her book Sisterhood Interrupted, Girl With Pen blog, and the Washington Post op-ed that Deborah wrote with Courtney Martin, Come Together? Yes, We Can.

I also want to give a shout-out to Katie Orenstein of The Op-Ed Project who taught me the value of publishing widely disseminated op-eds in addition to blog posts. I've already had a great response to this one, including a call to be interviewed for an upcoming story in the Raleigh News & Observer.

It's an election year--everyone has an opinion about something bubbling in the collective psyche, so why not try it yourself by submitting an Op-Ed to your local paper?

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Tess said...

Hi! Linda Hirshman's piece in Slate yesterday led me to your blog, and I've enjoyed reading over your recent pieces. The publicity over Hirshman's and Bennetts' books--as well as the second wave feminist commentary about Hillary Clinton--has had me pondering the gap between older and younger feminists. It is always nice to find a rational voice about these issues (even if the mainstream media would rather continue promoting their concept of the Mommy Wars).

10:30 PM  
Blogger MojoMom said...

Hi Tess, Glad you found my blog. I will be writing a response to Linda Hirshman's piece next week so come back and see what's up.

I'll also be interviewing Deborah Siegel on Monday for a special Mojo Mom Podcast to discuss Deborah's current work on intergenerational feminism and Linda Hirshman's recent article.

10:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home