Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Mojo Mom on The Huffington Post

This week I wrote the "Peaceful Revolution" blog post for MomsRising.org on The Huffington Post.

Mojo Mom blog readers will be familiar with my theme of "Naptime Activism," and this was a chance to get those ideas out to a larger audience.

I encourage you to read it and let me know what you think by leaving a comment on The Huffington Post.

Peaceful Revolution: Motherhood Awakens 'Naptime Activists'

The blogosphere's "marketplace of ideas" has seemed pretty harsh lately so I have no problem asking the Mojo Mom community for a little comment love!

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger MamaMo said...

Sorry to hear you haven't been "feeling the love" lately. Consider yourself electronically "hugged". Let me know if you like to get together for tea or something (during naptime).
I think we would do well to look to other countries for insights and ideas on supporting mothers and families. A friend from France was sharing with me that women are given two years family leave when a child is born and their job is kept for them. A friend from South Africa shared that women are NOT ALLOWED to return to work any earlier than 6 months after the baby is born (to promote bonding). I have read that mothers in some African countries are so respected that governments seek their input before enacting new policies, etc. All our policies and institutions built on our rugged individualism premise are weakening our families - the very foundation of our society.

1:56 PM  
Blogger PunditMom said...

Excellent post and that's great to have a specific blog at MomsRising!

2:16 PM  
Blogger MojoMom said...

My regular Mojo Mom blog readers are wonderful commenters. I was shaken last week by two incredibly racist comments in response to my Eve Carson post, which I blocked. And over at CNET, I tend to be out of sync with their young, male, Libertarian audience.

Take home message--I am thankful for you!

2:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home