Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Tivo alert! 'Gift of Fear' on Oprah


Right now Gavin De Becker is on Oprah talking about intuition and survival signals that protect us from violence. His book changed the way I look at the world, and I recommend it to every person on the planet. Ten years ago when I taught high school psychology this was assigned reading for my class.

Once you learn to hear and pay attention to real fear signals, you can let free-floating worry and anxiety go.

De Becker also wrote a book using the same underlying principles as applied to parents and children, called Protecting the Gift. Also highly recommended.

More on all this later when I have time to write. For now, I urge you to record this Oprah episode, which should also be repeated in some markets later tonight (early tomorrow) from 1:06 am to 2:06 am on ABC.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home