Friday, January 25, 2008

Must-see program, Frontline's "Growing Up Online"


It's the hectic end of a truncated workweek for me. We managed to eke out 2 days of school.

But I found time to write up an eye-opening Frontline program, "Growing Up Online," for my blog on CNET.com. It is vital viewing for every parent, whether or not your kids are participating in the online world yet.

You'll even get a chance to hear Manic Mommies podcaster Erin Martin Kane interview the Frontline producers (I for one was fascinated by the story behind the story, considered by journalists who have kids themselves), so do please click on over to my (parent.thesis) post.

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Kim Moldofsky said...

I'm going to click over, but I want to comment here, where it's easier.

Thanks for writing about this. It sounds like it is well worth watching.

8:31 PM  
Blogger MojoMom said...

I was really surprised just how much I learned from "Growing Up Online" considering that I write about this topic every day. Things are changing so quickly. Reading the twentysomething producer's comments about the gap between her and the teens they interviewed was very revealing.

The Frontline website has a wealth of information associated with this program.

8:41 PM  
Blogger A. Lin said...

I watched the program a few nights ago, and it scared the heck out of me--and my oldest is only 5 right now.

Then I read in the paper where teens are complaining that their parents are on the internet too much, and the teens can't find any privacy.

I hope I can stay on top of the technology in the next ten years. The parents on the Frontline program were just clueless, and it was painful to watch their struggles.

1:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home