Sunday, November 26, 2006

Rest and Recuperation....from Vacation!

We're back from a wonderful Thanksgiving trip to my old hometown and my 20th high school reunion. We had a great time but I caught a terrible cold and I am really exhausted. We came home yesterday afternoon and last night I slept for 13 hours--I can't remember the last time that happened! So I am just going to do a quick post today and catch up on details tomorrow.

Accomplishment of the week:

My in-between time is paying off, as my 7 year-old and I finally painted the accent wall in my office, after having 2 years of a very lonely paint sample splotched on the wall:


The print is David Hockney's photocollage, "Pearblossom Hwy." This image has always served me well as inspiration and a reminder of California. During my in-between time, the Stop Ahead sign speaks to me the most. This was one of the first framed prints I ever bought, back in grad school when it was a big splurge.

I feel so unprepared for Christmas. I really want to sit out the public celebration this year. A real live Santa wished me "Merry Christmas, young lady" at the grocery store and I could barely muster the energy to say hello. Rather than working up my ennui into a humorous commentary I will direct you to Crank Mama's post, "Failure to Flourish: Don't Suffer Alone."

Best wishes to all of my Mojo sisters who also feel like it's impossible to get your Mojo flowing during the holidays!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home