Monday, September 05, 2005

How can you help Katrina victims?

As I've been brainstorming blog posts and my next newsletter this week, all I can think of is the devastation created by Hurricane Katrina.

I hope each of us will look for ways that we can use our resources and talents to help the hurricane victims. My family has made a donation to the American Red Cross in response to their request for cash as the most efficient way to respond to the catastrophe. I am exploring other ways to use MojoMom.com to be useful, and I have ideas that are under development. At the same time, I am also continuing my work as an official partner of Women for Women International. I urge each of you to reach out to Katrina victims in addition to maintaining your commitments to other worthy organizations who are counting on your support.

Living here in the southeast, we in North Carolina are waiting for refugees to show up, and we're developing plans to offer hlep. This will be a long-term recovery that sends reverberations through the whole economy and country. The displaced families of The Grapes of Wrath come to mind. It would be inhumane to neglect Katrina victims the way the Dust Bowl families were left without a safety net to rebuild their lives.

Though a Google search, I found one newspaper article that made the Katrina-Grapes of Wrath connection.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home