Wednesday, June 29, 2005

Oh the irony....Tom Cruise and Zoloft ad on Oprah.com

I have been debating with myself whether to bring up the whole Tom Cruise thing again on my blog. I am angry that he would deign to criticize Brooke Shields for choosing to use antidepressants. He certainly hasn't walked in the shoes of a woman dealing with severe postpartum depression. But he's been widely criticized for his actions, so I wasn't going to blog about it.

But, I just happened to stumble on an ironic pairing over at Oprah.com. There is a slidedow screenshot of Cruise from his "enthusiastic" appearance on Oprah last month...and right next to it is a sidebar advertisement for Zoloft, with the caption "My doctor said I had depression and that Zoloft could help."

Wonder what Mr. Cruise would think of that....

(Note: After writing this post, I followed the link again to Oprah.com,and the advertisement had changed to Lipton tea, so there is probably an assortment of ads, but I did originally land on the Zoloft sidebar and I printed it out.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home