Tuesday, July 05, 2005

Life is almost back to normal

Whew. My husband and mother both return tonight, and life will go back to normal. Michael has been gone for two weeks, the longest trip he's ever taken in the 11 years I've known him.

My dad and stepmom came down for the Fourth of July weekend, and it was fantastic to see them and to be together with family over the holiday.

By the end of the visit I know we were all tired. When I fell into bed last night, I truly felt exhaustion seeping out of every bone in my body. I thought I'd feel overjoyed that Michael was almost home, but to be totally honest, at that moment I felt pretty angry that I had been given the task of holding down the fort on my own for so long. (My daughter and I had a lot of fun, but it was just so much work for one person to do.) My feelings surprised me, but I couldn't shake them off until this morning. I was caught in the limbo of being almost through these two tough weeks, but knowing that my husband was still half a world away.

I'll be relieved when he's finally home. Right now I still feel so incredibly drained and Mojo-free that it is hard to believe I'll ever get my energy back. Hopefully by tomorrow I'll be back to work on the Mojo Party Kit. The introductory session is almost done and ready to post.

1 Comments:

Blogger mamabird said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

8:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home