Saturday, June 06, 2009

The doofus with the Blackberry

This morning I got a close-up look at one of the worst examples of multitasking I've seen in a long time. I was volunteering as a timer at my first kids' swim meet, and in the lane next to me another timer was talking on his Blackberry during a race! He didn't have anyone in his lane at that moment, right at the beginning of the meet, but I wanted to say Seriously? You are talking on your freaking Blackberry [with earpiece and everything] in the middle of a swim race when you are a timer????

I would have said something if he had kept it up. Luckily he didn't. I guess he had just one really important call to get out of the way at 9 am on a Saturday morning.

Yikes. If you ever see me doing that, please smack me upside the head.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

He was timing himself at a drowning meet. :)

5:16 PM  
Blogger MojoMom said...

It was funny/sad/unbelievable. These races were 25 yards long -- like 30 seconds long, so new heats were stepping up every minute. I just could not believe this guy. It's one thing to be on the sidelines under a tree for four hours and pull out the phone, but we were at the racing lanes, with stopwatches. Guess it's a lesson for all of us to slow down and just be where we are for a change.

5:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home