Friday, September 26, 2008

Things that are bugging me right now

Now that I am in recuperation mode, I feel like writing more frequent, but shorter blog posts. Maybe I just have a blogjam in my brain right now because I've been away for a few days. But here goes--two things that are really bugging me (superficial ones, not major ones like the country going to hell in a handbasket):

First, I am just about ready to stop browsing the internet because I'll scream if I have to see that horrible animated ad for the new movie Choke again. The one where the guy is eating an woman. Choking on her, get it, with her legs dangling out of his mouth. Funny--not! And it's everywhere, the New York Times, Huffington Post--can't I opt out of this one somehow now that I've seen it like 1000 times? The movie sounds absolutely horrible. EW gave it a B+ but it sounds like a movie that only guys could possibly appreciate (the kind of guy I never want to know).

Second, Meredith Grey on Grey's Anatomy. Could she be any more self-involved and annoying? Are we really supposed to keep liking her when her level of narcissism knows no bounds? Christina is lying on a stretcher with an icicle impaling her chest and Meredith still wants to talk about her "issues." She's got her relationship offer on the table, either take a leap of faith, or bail, but stop complaining about it. No one gets a promise of "happy ever after," but a real imperfect relationship is still worth a whole heck of a lot. There are no guarantees, Meredith!

So that's what's bugging me today, one ubiquitous, misogynistic movie and one incessantly whiny surgeon with the maturity of a high-school sophomore.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Amy@UWM said...

Those are very weighty and serious issues. But refreshing considering all that's going on in the real world.

7:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home