Monday, July 14, 2008

Mojo Mom Podcast with Mothers & More

Phew! We took a quick trip to Peoria, Illinois this weekend for my grandmother's 90th birthday party. It was a lot of fun but the travel really wore us out.

In all the rush to get out the door on Friday, I uploaded the latest Mojo Mom Podcast to the show's page but did not get to blog about it.

Listen to the podcast now:


I hope you'll take a listen because we have a great guest, Debra Levy from the national leadership of Mothers & More. I always know that Debra is on top of the latest stories about motherhood because she posts them to the Mothers & More POWER email loop.

That's just one of the benefits of Mothers & More membership. I have always liked the group because it provides support to Moms in many ways, from playgroups, to evening meetings with socializing and guest speakers. When I moved to North Carolina in 2000, my interaction with local Moms through Mothers & More helped convince me that I'd be able to make friends here.

On a more global level, Mothers & More does excellent advocacy work, and they have some powerful resources on their web site. Debra wished we'd had more time to talk about the effort to save federal funding for the American Time Use Survey, so I hope you'll take a minute to read about this issue. Mothers' caregiving work will never count if it's not even measured!

I hope you'll listen to this week's show. I announce a new iPod giveaway, so listen in and find out to win.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home