Thursday, September 20, 2007

I don't love Dooce but I do love Bossy

I'm going to leave it to PunditMom to tell me when I cross over from blog friendship and admiration to plain old ripping her off by writing riffs on her posts.

I am willing to risk crossing that line today because I have pass along this video Bossy Loves Dooce. The Movie. which tickled my funnybone in just the right way to make me laugh this morning.



We need more funny Moms! (Could this be the best use of YouTube since the invention of the JAM mashup? Okay, maybe not quite, but any chance to put in a gratuitous mention of and link to The Office.)

I don't love Dooce but I do love Bossy after watching her video. You should also read Bossy's Homage to Fashion Models with commentary on New York Fashion Week photos (it wouldn't be as funny if I excerpted it so just read it!) and her sendup of the new Vera Wang fashion line at Kohl's.

I don't know if Bossy will hear back from Dooce but I hope that Bossy is picking up new fans left and right.

[Update: I wrote about this in the comments but wanted to put it in the post as well. I don't actually know Dooce very well, so when I say "I don't love her" I don't mean any disrespect against her. It's just that I can't compete with Bossy's admiration for Dooce.]

Labels: , , ,

9 Comments:

Blogger PunditMom said...

You can steal (borrow?) my Bossy love anytime! ;)

2:47 PM  
Blogger BOSSY said...

Bossy loves the love.

10:05 PM  
Blogger MojoMom said...

Hi Bossy--

Gotta love your quick response time!

Thanks for stopping by.

9:01 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow...you don't like Dooce...is it because she has a bigger readership than you? You just lost one reader.

10:07 AM  
Blogger MojoMom said...

I never said that I don't like Dooce!

I didn't mean any disrespect to Dooce and I am sorry you interpreted the post that way. To be honest, I haven't read a lot of Dooce. I am happy for her success. All I meant is that I don't love Dooce with the intensity that Bossy does.

11:42 AM  
Blogger Devra said...

See! This is why you needed to be at BlogHer. PunditMom and I (and probably 800 others) got to meet Bossy. ; )

Next year, you'd better go!

1:30 AM  
Blogger MojoMom said...

I know--I really missed out this year by missing BlogHer. My husband also has an open source conference every year at the same time, so I need to plan WAY in advance.

2008, I will do my best to make it.

6:55 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have to add to the BOSSY love. I posted this a while back, but just found your post this evening. Thought you'd get a kick out of it. My ode to BOSSY in photos:

BOSSY is the new Dooce.

11:05 PM  
Blogger josetteplank.com said...

Oh, if you love funny moms, you'll LOVe Mme. Halushki!

;-)

12:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home