Monday, September 17, 2007

There's something in the air: More Opinionated Women

Since hitting the "publish" button this morning I have been ecstatic to find that more of my favorite bloggers have also been talking about opinionated women:

Earlier this morning I went over to read PunditMom's blog as a reward for finishing my post, I found that last Friday she had written about The Power of Words, asking:

Why is it that women who blog get loads of attention if we're criticizing one another, but not if we want to engage in a real discussion on important issues?

Good question, one that groups like the Women's Media Center are working hard to address.

Which brings me to Deborah Sigel, author of Sisterhood Interrupted and the Girl with Pen blog, has an exclusive piece out today through the Women's Media Center. In her Wired, She Wrote essay, she exhorts:

Did Tipping Point author Malcolm Gladwell say, “I’m too old for a blog!”? Did the Freakonomics authors think, “No time to learn new tricks!”? Time to get over any residual technophobia, ladies, and embrace our collective presence online!

And finally, my extraordinary friends Cooper Munroe and Emily McKhann gave me a shout out on The Motherhood Link List this morning. They have one of the best new sites around, and their link list is perfect for busy women who don't have time to scan every blog every day (which describes just about every mother I know).

Being connected with other women who are out there creating a presence, writing, speaking out, and supporting each other has really helped me get my mojo back. So it feels like a good day to link to them and say THANKS!

Labels: , , , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger PunditMom said...

It's good to be out here with you and all the others, who I admire as well!

2:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I do my part to try and speak when I feel like I am able to contribute something of value. I also support many of the amazing women bloggers that I respect by subscribing to their blogs, commenting when moved and encouraging my friends and readers to visit and subscribe to my favorite bloggers.

I would love to have some sort of a on-line meetup where new bloggers (such as I) could chat with seasoned bloggers (such as you and punditmom). I have been surprised at some of the "communities" I thought I would enjoy. Anyway, blog on, I love ya!

Erin
www.ExpectingExecutive.com

4:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home