Monday, January 01, 2007

New Year's redeems holidays

Pssst, don't tell marketers, but there is one holiday I love--New Year's Eve. It marks the end of the Thanksgiving-Christmas holiday season and heralds a new start for all of us. No presents to buy or new decorations to put up, just a festive party to welcome 2007 with a fresh start for all of us.

My husband Michael and I went away together for the weekend which was fabulous. We spent time with a dynamic group of friends who charged our brains up with enough ideas to last through the whole New Year.

This feels like a good time to thank all of my Mojo Mom readers. The blog has blossomed in the past year, becoming something very important to me, and I hope I have created a place you like to come back to again and again.

Instead of a New Year's resolution, I have one New Year's wish for you, which is that you will find the sweet spot that theologian Frederick Buechner describes as "the place where your deep gladness and the world’s deep hunger meet." If you hold that idea in your mind, and focus your actions in that direction, you will never go wrong.

Blessings for a happy, peaceful 2007.

3 Comments:

Blogger Tina BS said...

Happy New Year to you Mojo Mom!

2:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Indeed. Happy New Year, and great meeting you this weekend.

1:53 PM  
Blogger MojoMom said...

Thanks, Alan. I enjoyed meeting you, too. I certainly came away with food for thought to last me all year long!

Tina, thanks for your best wishes, too.

7:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home