Thursday, January 18, 2007

It's just been one of those weeks...

Here's how a 4-day workweek turns into a 1-day workweek:

Monday: Martin Luther King Jr. holiday

Tuesday: Stomach flu for me, respiratory virus for my daughter.

Wednesday: I'm still sick. My daughter is getting better but she's still at home.

Thursday: Dear daughter is healthy enough to go back to school, but 1 snowflake falls and you know what that means in North Carolina--Snow Day! It's 8:20 am and the roads are clear, black and dry from where I sit, and yet they cancelled the whole day of school in just about every school district in the Triangle.

Midwesterners, New Englanders, and Canadians: Yes, I hear you laughing.

5 Comments:

Blogger PunditMom said...

Oh, MojoMom -- I'm so sorry. I hate weeks like that. Keep thinking, "Next week, next week!"

9:58 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Weird! My week exactly, with one topper. This morning my dog went out and was sprayed by a skunk. Remedies, anyone, besides holding my breath?

10:10 AM  
Blogger Tina BS said...

I had the stomach virus and I am so sorry you have it. I completely know how you feel.

Although, I have to admit, I love when it snows in NC. People go crazy and everything shuts down. I love a good snow day. I never got those when I went to college in OH. No fun when were has already been thrown for a loop though.

I also didn't get to enjoy the day though. I had an event today that I had to do. It went great, but I didn't get my snow day.

3:52 PM  
Blogger adena said...

my son had a "sick" day today...he felt lousy initially but was bouncing off the walls by mid-day...what is a mom to do???

8:02 PM  
Blogger MojoMom said...

Thanks for all of the comments today. I wish I could chime in with a cute & charming witticism but the truth is I am just tired! I am angry at our school for cancelling today--there really wasn't that much snow and a 2-hour delay would have been FINE in my opinion. What do other parents to who don't work from home? I am feeling run down and cooped-up. I hate the feeling of everything annoying me, including myself. So I'll sign off for tonight with the hope that tomorrow is another chance to have a good day.

8:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home