Thursday, September 14, 2006

Getting my Mojo back....

Just when I had blog-posting momentum going I have been hit by a perfect storm of Mojo-depleters over the past few weeks. I won't go into all of the details, but several crisies coincided with my huband traveling for 2 weeks, so I'm just happy to be keeping my head above water at the moment.

I let my husband know that things are rocky at home while he is gone. I told him that I generally don't believe in "frequent parenting miles" (Faulkner Fox's invention for keeping score) but this month I am making an exception, and he has reached the Platinum level. We both took in in good humor and I appreciate the fact that he knows that when he gets home, he needs to be invested in family responsibilites.

In the meantime, help is on the way! This weekend is my first Mojo Mom Retreat, a pilot program I have created that I am trying out with a group of close friends. I am looking forward to a weekend away, in the country, with amazing women. It's taking a lot of energy to preapare and lead the program, but I have a feeling that once we get going I will feel energized by the experience as well.

Next week I am looking forward to a return to normalcy and producing the first new episode of fall season of The Mojo Mom Podcast featuring my guest Karen Maezen Miller, author of Momma Zen.

1 Comments:

Blogger PunditMom said...

Have a great retreat. I know what you're saying about how things can go (or not go) when DH is gone.

Mine is having the audacity to have a "business" trip to Spain in October ... on my birthday! It definitely changes the household process.

I hope you get the mojo back soon!

10:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home