Friday, September 08, 2006

Marrit Ingman and non-Platonic "Mom Crushes"

Thanks for the comments and emails you've sent in for Mom Crush candidates. Jon Stewart is getting a lot of love. I'm sure he'd be embarrassed to know that!

I was searching to see if other writers had discussed Mom Crush targets and I came across Marrit Ingman's hilarious take on Steve from Blue's Clues and Franklin the Turtle's father--so, he's a turtle and a cartoon...it is a fantasy after all. It reminds me that my first crush ever as a very little girl was on Alan from Josie and the Pussycats.

Marrit even mentions Mr. Rogers as an old-school Mom Crush. [Let that one sink in....No, not sinking. Ew. Even platonically.]

Marrit's "Mom and Pop Culture" column on crushes is titled Legions of Lust and you should know that she's talking about some non-Platonic fantasies here. The other Moms' comments about what they'd like to do with Steve from Blue's Clues were rather....well, blue. As a crush candidate, he definitely has the vulnerability factor but maybe a little too much. (Plus in my case, our pediatrician looks exactly like him.)

Keep those nominations coming in. John Cusack and Matthew MacFayden (from Pride and Prejudice) are now on the ballot.

4 Comments:

Blogger Lawyer Mama said...

What, no nominations for any of The Wiggles? I kind of have a thing for Captain Feathersword. Strange, I know.

10:40 PM  
Blogger MojoMom said...

Wow. I was expecting The Wiggles to get mentioned at some point but I'll admit that Captain Feathersword caught me by surprise. My problem with The Wiggles is that I can't keep track of them individually. Like the Kratt Brothers on a larger scale--I never could decide whether Chris or Martin was more attractive.

Today is almost like Christmas because my pre-ordered copies of the second seasons of The Office and Grey's Anatomy arrived. Tonight is Mom Crush heaven! My husband is away for 15 days and tonight is day 6, so I am very happy for the distraction.

10:45 PM  
Blogger PunditMom said...

Oooooo -- new thought -- Clive Owen?

12:43 PM  
Blogger MojoMom said...

I am enjoying Victor Garber on the new show Justice. I've admired him since seeing him first in Titanic, but I thought his character was kind of a downer on Alias.

Now he gets to let loose as a media-savvy, ethically flexible defense lawyer on Justice. It's nice to see Garber playing out of the boundaries inherent in his previous "protective daddy" role.

1:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home