Monday, May 21, 2007

"Writing Motherhood" on "The Mojo Mom Podcast"

I am getting back on track after a surprisingly intense week of post-Mothers-Day burnout. Wasn't burnout something that was supposed to happen when I had a new baby, not a second grader? My experience this month shows that self-care basics are something that Moms never outgrow.

This week's new podcast episode provides a great way to recharge your mojo by jump-starting your creativity. My guest is Lisa Garrigues, author of Writing Motherhood. If you have ever thought of writing, I highly recommend that you treat yourself to Lisa's book, which is based on her years of teaching writing classes for mothers. Writing Motherhood is original and beautifully written in a manner that evokes the same deep truths as The Artist's Way, but Lisa's book is written especially for us. A writing practice can be a private pursuit, the nexus for a group of writing mamas, or something you eventually pursue for publication. But I can testify to the fact that the process is worthwhile, independent of the product.

To write is to stake a claim for time, creativity, and energy that is just for you! Listen to our podcast conversation, brought to you through our MotherTalk partnership, and I think you'll agree that Lisa is a wise guide on this journey.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home