Friday, October 27, 2006

The Motherlode conference has already been amazing!

I am sitting here, torn between wanting to blog about how wonderful the Motherlode conference has already been, and needing to polish the two talks I am giving this afternoon. I think the talks need to win for now. I am inspired by the presentations I saw yesterday. It is powerful to have these motherhood researchers and advocates actually gather in one place. We so often work on our own, connected only by the bonds we can form over the internet. I feel like we'll get a year's worth of work (not to mention blogging and podcasting ideas) done in four days.

Yesterday I met many cool women whom I have admired for a long time, including Ann Douglas, who gave me a nice shout-out on The Mother of All Blogs. I had dinner with art therapist Amy Campell-McGee, and psychologist/filmmaker Elena Taurke-Joseph. I'll tell you more about Elena's provocative film Martyred Moms -- The Price of Sacrifice when I get to blog more extensively after my talks are over.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds exciting! I can't wait to hear more. Good luck on your presentations.

11:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home