Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Mojo Mom...paging author Sarah Napthali

In the age of Google it's usually pretty easy to find a way to get in contact with other parenting writers. One author I haven't been able to reach easily is Australian writer Sarah Napthali, author of Buddhism for Mothers: A Calm Approach to Caring for Yourself and Your Children. I have't written a full review yet because I haven't finished the whole book, but I love what I've read so far. I connect with her writing on an elemental mojo level. Australian women have written some of the most interesting books on motherhood, many of which are not available here, unfortunately.

When my family was in Sydney in November, I wished I'd had more time to scour the bookstore (and the phone book, for that matter. I should have looked up Sarah Napthali while I was there!). I picked up Susan Maushart's new book What Women Want Next and Anne Manne's book Motherhood: How Should We Care for Our Children? Both are thoroughly highlighted and dog-eared after I got a hold of them. These are the books that aren't in print yet in the U. S. but I can highly recommend Susan Maushart's earlier work, The Mask of Motherhood, which gave me a solid sociological underpinning when I started writing Mojo Mom.

So Sarah, Anne, and Susan, if you'd like to be on The Mojo Mom Podcast get in touch with me (amy@mojomom.com) and we'll set something up. I'll spring for the international phone call! We Mojo Moms in the U. S. would love to hear from you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home