Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Two weeks to be Amy rather than Mojo Mom

I am writing today to declare that I am taking a two-week break from blogging, to regroup as Amy as well as Mojo Mom.

I am carving out some time to focus on my family (yay!) and I need to unplug from the internet and get back in touch with the here and now. Blogging takes time to write, of course, and also involves extensive immersion in online news, which to be honest is starting to melt my brain. I feel like I've become porous and vulnerable to being really upset about the news stories such as Jaycee Dugard and Annie Le. This is genuinely important news but I feel myself becoming too porous, taking in too much, and taking it personally.

As a writer there is a fine line between thinking and brooding, and it's clear to me that I need some time to shake off my brooding mood, have some fun in the here and now, and be ready to redirect and get ready to launch a new Mojo Mom project in two weeks.

You can expect me to be back full-strength on the blog on Wednesday, October 5th, and you'll be hearing a little bit from me before then, as I will have a new podcast with author and educator Rachel Simmons this Friday. We'll discuss her new book The Curse of the Good Girl: Raising Authentic Girls with Courage and Confidence, which I highly recommend to you as a parenting and personal resource. As I was reading her book, I found that the skills Rachel talks about for girls apply to us, too.

It feels like a relief to unplug for a bit. I encourage you to think about creating an opportunity for you to reclaim your mind space and recharge your batteries, too.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home